Why Do People Go To Al-Anon/Alateen Meetings?
- To learn the facts about alcoholism as an illness and how it has impacted their lives physically and emotionally.
- To benefit from contact with others who have similar problems.
- To improve their own attitudes and behaviors through the study and practice of the Twelve steps and Twelve Traditions.
ŠA1-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc.
1600 Corporate Landing Parkway, Virginia Beach, VA 23454-5617 Phone: (757) 563-1600 Fax: (757) 563-1655
"Fact Sheet For Professionals -- Information About Al-Anon & Alateen" (S-37)
- Attend meetings on a regular basis.
- Make telephone contact with other members.
- Read Al-Anon/Alateen literature.
- Have a sponsor.
- Apply the Twelve Steps of recovery to their lives.
- Become involved in Al-Anon service work.