In keeping with the archival concept of Look to the Past to Protect the Future, this questionnaire is a guide for area archivists to use when interviewing or obtaining written information from longtime members (25 years or more in the Program). Please feel free to write your answers on separate sheets of paper and attach to this form.
Note: Please send a copy to the World Service Office Archives only if the member attended meetings before 1955.
INTRODUCTION TO AL-ANON
First Name:______________________ Last Initial: ______________________
- How did you first hear about Al-Anon?
- Why did you start going to meetings?
- If you had obstacles in attending meetings, please explain.
- Name and location of your original home group.
- Who started the group?
- When did it start ?
- Where and how often were meetings held?
- What was the format (topic/discussion, speaker, step study, etc.)?
- How many members attended? Men? Women? All wives?
- When was the first time you applied an Al-Anon principle to your life and you became aware the program was working for you?
- Is the group still in existence and if so, do you attend this group? If not, what is the name and location of your present group?
PERSONAL EXPERIENCES IN AL-ANON
- Do you have family members in Al-Anon/Alateen or AA?
- If so, what are their relationships to you?
AL-ANON’S IMAGE IN YOUR EARLY PROGRAM DAYS
- Describe your first impression of Al-Anon
- Did your group have any special problems?
- What changes have taken place in your meetings since you began attending Al-Anon?
TWELVE STEP WORK
- How did the group attract new members?
- Did your group receive cooperation of local community agencies or professionals such as ministers or doctors?
- If so, which ones?
- How was Twelfth Step work done?
- If you participated in service work, describe your involvement.
- How did you choose your first sponsor?
- Do you have a sponsor today?
- Is he/she your original sponsor?
- If not, why did you change sponsors?
- Are you a sponsor?
- What have you learned from someone you sponsored?
- Did your children go to Alateen?
- Was there an Alateen group nearby?
- Did your group sponsor an Alateen group?
- How did your group encourage and assist Alateen?
- Did your children continue in Al-Anon?
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS (AA)
- Was there an AA group nearby?
- How did your group cooperate with AA?
- What are some of the things that have changed in your life since coming to Al- Anon?
- What things have remained the same?
- How have Al-Anon’s Twelve Traditions helped you?
- What would you like to share with a new member today?