In 2011 Al-Anon celebrated its 60th birthday. This put the focus on the value of keeping historic records. As we get closer to our 70th birthday in 2021, we can prepare a checklist for that special celebration:
- Group History is completed and up to date.
- Create a visual display of your group history.
- Have one or more long time member’s history – oral or written.
- In Loving Memory Book: each member writes what he/she remembers to celebrate a member who has died.
- Each group member writes or draws something about his/her experience in Al-Anon and this is then saved in a binder
- Read Lois Remembers; First Steps ; Lois Story (pamphlet)
- Visit a member who cannot get to a meeting; Celebrate the meeting with tea and cookies.
- Hold a special meeting to talk about the history of Al-Anon in your group; district; area.
- Let’s make sure Al-Anon in our area stays vibrant and alive for those who will come to their first meeting.